What is shadow work?
With this embroidery technique you create a typical shadow effect by embroidering on a semi-transparent fabric. In this form of whitework embroidery, part of the design is fully visible, while the rest of the work can only be seen through the fabric.
In the embroidery classes, you’ll learn:
- The correct way to tension textile on an embroidery hoop
- How to transfer your design onto fabric
- How to correctly fasten and tie off the thread in the most invisible way possible
- Various embroidery stitches and techniques
- Working with different types of embroidery thread
- Application of fabric