What is Kutch embroidery?
The complex motifs and techniques of Kutch embroidery are passed down from one generation to the next in India’s Kutch district. Each ethnic group from this region has its own embroidery tradition, and often characterized by small mirrors.
In the embroidery classes, you’ll learn:
- The correct way to tension textile on an embroidery hoop
- How to transfer your design onto fabric
- How to correctly fasten and tie off the thread in the most invisible way possible
- Embroidery stitches and techniques needed to embroider an initial
- How to incorporate mirrors into an embroidery